Does Your Fountain Suffer from ISFS?
Has your water fountain showed signs of Indoor Smelly Fountain Syndrome commonly referred to as ISFS? Take a moment to read this brief guide on how to cure Smelly Fountain Syndrome! ISMF is a condition found in fountains that have been neglected and have not received the proper treatment to prevent unwanted odors!
Be sure to watch this fun and informational video brought to you by Kenroy Homes!
The folks at Fountain Crafters are here to help you get the best out of your fountain! It is time to put an end to those atrocious odors in your home, bedroom, office, and dining room!
Symptoms : What’s That Smell?
• Fountain will give off an odor that your guest may mistake as you!
• Distinct musky smell.
• Un-cycled Water – Number one contributor to ISFS. Many people only cycle their fountains when they are home or expecting guests. Not good!
• Algae build-up or a collection of other water impurities.
• Fountains that have not been properly cleaned or maintained.
• LEAVE YOUR FOUNTAIN ON AT ALL TIMES to prevent problems that are caused by un-cycled water. This will prevent algae and other harmful materials from building up in your fountain base! Keeps your fountain smelling and looking good!
• Clean your fountain regularly and perform a complete WATER-EXCHANGE at least once a month.
• Use Distilled Water – It contains less impurities than tap water!
• Make sure your fountain pump is always submerged in water. Water levels will always fluctuate but it is wise to monitor your water levels on a consistent basis!
• Remove the pump and SCRUB it to remove all algae debris.
• Add a few drops of bleach or anti-algae water treatment.
• Make sure to do regular cleaning and maintenance to avoid preventable problems!
• Last but not least, love your fountain and it will love you right back!
We hope that you and your fountain can having a loving & lasting relationship with the tips we’ve shared with you! Together, we can all help the fight to end ISFS!
To view our selection of Premium Wall Fountains, please visit our website.
About This Post
Cheryl Khan is an interior designer and freelancer. She has encountered many fountains with ISFS and always advises her clients to follow these simple and easy to follow steps to prevent horrendous odors!